Senior Project Manager
This is an incredible opportunity to join an emerging technology firm to help us develop world-class artificial intelligence solutions. Our mission is to unlock real-world benefits only made possible through synthetic data applications. Simply put, we build “Impossible” AI utilizing our expertise in computer vision, deep learning, and generative technologies.
Despite our high-tech profile, we understand that our advantage is people. And that is why we focus on building a great culture. While we work hard to be the very best at what we do, we also play hard and do our best to make work fun.
This role is a senior project manager and requires proven ability to lead teams, plan, track and manage projects with the latest agile methodologies.
We are Synthetaic… we work with the best to develop Impossible AI!
Conveniently located along the I-94 corridor in southeast Wisconsin’s Lake Country Area, we are just a short drive to downtown Milwaukee to the east, and Madison to the west. We are fortunate to call the idyllic community of Delafield, WI our home. Tucked among the beautiful lakes that surround our wonderful community is a quality of life that surpasses most. We have nearby access to all the best amenities, including great schools, fine local restaurants, water/winter sports, and the arts. All this and we are less than 30 minutes from the home of the Milwaukee Bucks and Milwaukee Brewers.
This position requires the ability to lead teams in the analysis, planning, development, quality, and support of software products. The ideal candidate must also manage requirements through the Agile software development lifecycle and ensures that the solution is addressing the business need.
You expect the best and embrace a work environment that recognizes the critical value of teamwork for success. You possess great collaborative skills and build things better as a result. Your thought process is positive, and it shows in your work and outcomes.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business
- Provide on-site leadership for the project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test, and deployment management activities
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools, and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plans for all phases of the project
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources
- Monitor staff performance and supports performance reviews with feedback of team members
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks, and issues, communicating across leadership
- Understand interdependencies between technology, operations, and business needs
- Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address client goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices
- Manage project scope and changes
- Act as an internal quality control check for the projects
- Develop and manage all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks, and issues
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
- Monitor, track, and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies, and critical path deliverables
- Define success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project and program life cycle
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise project team
- Deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication
- Ensure that projects are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget, and quality standards
- Manage project issues and risks to mitigate impact to baseline
- Continue professional development to keep abreast of emerging technologies, methods, and best practices
- Extensive understanding of project and program management principles, methods, and techniques
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven success in providing on-site leadership for the project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Performance reviews and staff development
- Monitor the performance of staff
- Establish practices, templates, policies, tools, and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
Bring Your Best
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects
- 5+ years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment
- 1+ years of previous experience with gathering requirements from the product owner, client / business, and documentation
- 3+ years of experience with full product lifecycle with understanding of development lifecycle and various technology methodologies that support that lifecycle
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and SharePoint with experience presenting to stakeholders and / or Senior Leadership
- Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and accountability of business needs
- Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross - functional environment
- Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions, and identifying priorities
Senior Project Manager top skills and proficiencies:
- Developing Budgets
- Project Management
- Process Improvement
- Performance Management
- Attention to Detail
Why You Should Apply
Learning & Growing
- Challenging and Dynamic Role
- Professional Growth Opportunities
- Performance Management and Coaching
Health & Wellness
- Health Savings Accounts
- Wellness Discount
- Competitive Base Pay
- Annual Merit Review
- Telecommute Policy
Culture & Workplace
- Building Impactful Solutions for Humanity
- Collaborative, Results-Driven, Fun Culture
- On the Fast Track to an Exciting Future
- Healthy Work-Life Balance
- Contemporary Work Environment
JOIN SYNTHETAIC ON OUR AMAZING JOURNEY!
Synthetaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Synthetaic is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.